About Me

My photo
A writer by predilection, an aunt by blessing and a friend by choice, Shelley has spent many years journaling before sitting down to draft her first novel. She has a B.A. in English discourse and is currently working on her third romantic-suspense, the title of which will be announced soon pending publication. Shelley is a member of the Romance Writers of America as well as her RWA state chapter of the Maryland Romance Writers.
"I love story-telling. It's a way to live an experience through the eyes of a character." - Shelley N. Greene

Friday, April 27, 2012

X is for X-MARK


            I cracked open the dictionary and there were like, five words for X.

            Okay, I’m exaggerating—there were twelve.   But I suspect that everyone participating in this challenge has had to get creative with this letter.

            For me, X stands for an author's simple signature. Your mark.  

            Whatever you write; be it romance, comedy, action, science, erotic or intrigue—it has your fingerprint  on it. 

            And that’s one heck of an X. 



            Only two letters left!   Where has April gone??


            Tomorrow Y is for YARDSTICK. 

            Goodnight!

6 comments:

  1. I love the little smiley at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's kind of proof I emoticon everything, isn't it? LOL!

      Delete
    2. I use that smiley primarily in personal letter and cards, now that I think about it. I think this is his first public debut. :0)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Forgot to say - your blog's title is catchy as hell. I enjoy the rhyming aspect of it. Very clever! :-)

      Some Dark Romantic

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I trying for something different. As for the name, I started with the "narrative" part and looked for rhyme. I like "comparative" because I do weigh things in my head all the time, so it seemed appropriate. I honestly did not Google it.

      Thank you for stopping by! I'm going to check out all the other X entries today. :0)

      Delete