About Me

My photo
A writer by predilection, an aunt by blessing and a friend by choice, Shelley has spent many years journaling before sitting down to draft her first novel. She has a B.A. in English discourse and is currently working on her third romantic-suspense, the title of which will be announced soon pending publication. Shelley is a member of the Romance Writers of America as well as her RWA state chapter of the Maryland Romance Writers.
"I love story-telling. It's a way to live an experience through the eyes of a character." - Shelley N. Greene

Thursday, April 13, 2017

K is for KEEPSAKE #AtoZChallenge


Hello and happy K-day!

I’m going to keep today’s post short and sweet – K is KEEPSAKE.

The definition sums it all up.

Keepsake: anything kept, or given to be kept, as a token of friendship or affection; remembrance. A small item kept in memory of the person who gave it or originally owned it.

I like to include mementos in the keepsake category, which is any souvenir that reminds you of a person, place, or event - the sentimental trinkets that you take home from your adventures.

There’s so many great keepsakes:
My original album has a keychain that my niece made for me.



An admission stub to a museum during a trip to Spain.

The parking passes from college.

A button from the Mall Sleepover – (no sleep took place that night).

Ticket stubs from the Best. Concert. Ever.

And keepsakes can even include novelty items. As long as it means something to you, scrapbook it--

A limited edition lip gloss minted during the TWILIGHT (book series) craze. #NoShame

I love how keepsakes tell a story as much as pictures and words do. I’ve used simple mementos, like the advertisement for what would became my signature perfume. It’s cool to see the progression of how you came to discover the favorite things in your life. Scrapbooks hold the images and objects that inspire your style.

Keepsakes capture and hold your memories that way.


Well, I’m sorry for the short post - I'm feeling pretty tired tonight.


I’d anticipated a few low-energy days, and to hit the first one mid-way through the blog sprint is pretty good, pace-wise.

I promise to bring my scrapbooking A-game tomorrow – L is for LETTERING.

Hope to see you there!

-         SNG  




2 comments:

  1. I think these can be the most interesting pages because it usually is personal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit! Sorry for the delay. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete